CBO Informational Visits
CBA Program & Grant Details
As a Capacity Building Assistance (CBA) provider funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), NASTAD provides tailored technical assistance (TA) to CDC-funded health departments (HDs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) in the southern United States. The south is defined as the following jurisdictions: Alabama, Arkansas, Baltimore, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia. NASTAD’s CBA efforts are focused on Integrated HIV Activities and Structural Interventions (i.e., Cultural Competency and Responsiveness, Data to Care, HIV Stigma, Syringe Services Programs, HIV Cluster Response, PrEP financing, Integrated HIV Planning, etc.) The organization works closely with other CBA providers in its region on other additional topics. NASTAD looks forward to leveraging its work to help support you and your technical needs on the ground.
HIV Stigma & Implicit Bias
NASTAD Featured Resource - Talking Points: The Resource Guide for Facilitating Stigma Conversations
Condom Distribution as a Structural Intervention
Community Engagement of People with Lived Experience
Social Media & Marketing
PrEP Access & Financing
Registration for CBO Informational Visits will resume when it’s safe to travel.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q1: How much will this visit cost my CBO?
- A1: This informational visit will be at no cost to the organization. NASTAD will be supporting this informational-visit to help staff understand what NASTAD does and how NASTAD can be of service to your needs.
- Q2: Will I have to incur any personal costs?
- A2: Outside of any personal travel to and from the informational visit, there will no personal cost incurred for the duration of the visit for any participant.
Logistics & Timing
- Q1: Can I register for more than one time slot?
- A1: No. NASTAD encourages a member of your team to register for one available time slot when your organization can have our team come visit.
- Q2: How many staff can attend from my organization?
- A2: Ideally the entire prevention/program staff (i.e., any staffers who may benefit from NASTAD’s Capacity Building Assistance). There is no firm number or ceiling.
- Q3: What is the format of the informational visit?
- A3: The informational visit will be a blended format. This means it will include presentation, group discussions, and activities.
- Q4: Will we have some time to network with folks?
- A4: Yes. NASTAD has specifically built in time in the agenda at the beginning, in the middle, and near the end to network and collaborate with each other.
- Q1: Will I have to travel to get to the training?
- A1: No. NASTAD will come to your office/location to conduct the informational visit.
Meals & Incidentals
- Q1: Will meals be provided during this informational visit?
- A1: NASTAD will provide lunch at the beginning of the informational visit.
- Q1: When will in person CBO Informational Visits resume?
- A1: In person CBO informational visits will resume when NASTAD determines it is safe to travel and hold in person meetings.
CBO Informational Visit Facilitators
- Justine Ingram, Capacity Building Assistance Specialist, Southern AIDS Coalition