TelePrEP programs are particularly well-poised to scale up and expand PrEP access, helping meet goals to end the HIV epidemic. The following resources are aimed to assist programs introduce or expand telePrEP in their communities.
Monthly TelePrEP Office Hours
This space is to discuss PrEP and telePrEP implementation with your peers, talk through programmatic questions jurisdictions and organizations may have, highlight peer programs, share updates on any PrEP landscape items (resources etc.), and more.
Office hours are one hour and take place on the last Wednesday of each month at 3:00 ET. 2024’s schedule is as follows:
- January 31
- February 28
- March 27
- April 24
- May 29
- June 26
- July 31
NASTAD’s TelePrEP Online Learning Series is now live! Following the completion of NASTAD’s TelePrEP Learning Collaborative, NASTAD has launched a self-paced, online learning series to assist jurisdictions in implementing a telePrEP program. The series will be available for any Health Department, Community Based Organization, or Community Health Centers looking to expand, strengthen, or develop a telePrEP program.
By the end of the telePrEP online learning series, participants will be able to:
- Develop, influence, and support the creation of a telePrEP program’s policies and procedures.
- Identify strategies to implement telePrEP programming within their jurisdiction.
- Evaluate current capacity and identify opportunities to leverage resources to support telePrEP implementation and/or to scale up.
- Identify additional places to acquire resources or to request peer-to-peer technical assistance.
Start the series by going to the series page: https://telepreponlinelearningseries.thinkific.com/ , create an account, and select a module! More modules will be released throughout 2023.
Module topics include:
- TelePrEP regulations
- TelePrEP delivery models
- Promotion and education
- At home testing and lab contracts
- Equitable approaches for TelePrEP programs
- TelePrEP for youth
- Use of the 340B program
- Cost analysis, budgeting and scalability
- Contract pharmacy relationships and inter-agency partnerships
- Financial forecasting and program sustainability
- TelePrEP Operations review
- TelePrEP Navigation
- Service quality improvement and program evaluation
NASTAD is supporting this series with funding from CDC PS19-1906 Component A.
NASTAD’s TelePrEP Learning Collaborative
In October 2020, NASTAD launched the TelePrEP Learning Collaborative with the goal of participating programs launching operational telePrEP programs by December 2021. NASTAD utilized a virtual learning community format to assist select Phase 1 EHE jurisdictions implement a telePrEP program. Participants receive ongoing technical assistance (TA) from peers and subject matter experts to increase the uptake of telePrEP programs. NASTAD is supporting the learning collaborative with funding from CDC PS19-1906 Component A.
Cohort 1 of the learning collaborative took place between October 2020-March 2021, cohort 2 took place between April and October 2021.
Read more about NASTAD’s TelePrEP Learning Collaborative.
State-Specific TelePrEP Map
In June 2020, NASTAD developed a map showcasing state-specific telePrEP programs. This resource is updated as more telePrEP programs come online. Check out the map here. If your program would like to be featured on NASTAD's TelePrEP Program map, please fill out this assessment to the best of your ability.