Information Briefs and Guides
- Diversifying PrEP Financing: Strategies to Leverage Funding across the PrEP Care Continuum - This tool provides an overview of PrEP medication landscape changes, discusses the impacts of these changes, and explores opportunities to meet the funding needs of PrEP ancillary services.
- PrEP Generics Entering the US Market: FAQs - This FAQ provides current information on the introduction of PrEP generics, potential coverage changes related to the changing PrEP drug market, and the impact on PrEP access.
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP), and Other HIV Prevention Strategies: Billing and Coding Guide - The goal of this guide is to provide up-to-date information and best practices for coding, billing, and denial resolution for PrEP and PEP services. Health department staff are encouraged to share this resource with grantees, community partners, and other health care providers billing for HIV prevention services.
- Pharmacist- Initiated PrEP and PEP - This brief examines the opportunities and challenges with pharmacy-initiated PrEP and PEP treatment, offers considerations for states, pharmacists, and other entities looking to explore pharmacy-initiated PrEP and PEP treatment, and describes the current legal and statutory landscape around pharmacy-initiated PrEP and PEP.
- Pharmacist Authority to Initiate PrEP & PEP and Participate in Collaborative Practice Agreements- This brief discusses the potential community pharmacists have in increasing PrEP/PEP uptake in their communities by having the authority to initiative PEP and PrEP. A comprehensive review of pharmacist authority was conducted for each state.
What about Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)? PEP Implementation in the South - This brief provides an overview of HIV Post-exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) in the southern United States (“the South”).
Self-Testing: A Strategy to Improve Access to HIV, Viral Hepatitis, and STI Testing - This toolkit provides an overview of models of self-testing; the roles of HIV, viral hepatitis, and STI programs, and public health laboratories in supporting self-testing; and a discussion of the benefits and drawbacks of self-testing.
Minor Consent and Confidentiality Laws for PrEP and HIV Treatment - This document examines various states' minor consent and confidentiality laws.
- Webinar Series: Self-Testing Strategies for HIV Testing and PrEP Access
- Self-Testing Strategies for HIV Testing and PrEP Access: Providing At-Home Testing Through the BHOC Partnership
- Implementing Self-Testing Strategies for HIV and PrEP Monitoring
- Integrating Self-Testing for PrEP with Providers and Partners
- Examining Self-Testing: A Strategy to Improve Access to HIV, Viral Hepatitis, and STI Testing
- PrEP Access and Future Horizons: Changes in the Drug Market and Coverage Opportunities and Challenges of Pharmacy-Initiated PrEP and PEP Webinar
- Introducing PrEP Coverage Check—A PrEP Verification Tool
- Diversifying PrEP Financing: Strategies to Leverage Funding across the PrEP Care Continuum
- Long Acting Injectable PrEP is Here: Implementation and Capacity Building Opportunities